These are the things I learnt about the Elgin area whilst visiting at South Hill Wines.
– Only an hour from Cape Town over Sir Lowry’s Pass down into the valley and you’re there.
– Situated between mountain and sea this is an area with its own wine route and some really impressive wines and bubbly.
– This is a mountain bikers dream with some of the most demanding and spectacular single tracks for professionals. They also host the Cape Epic each year. Actually it had been through the day before I visited.
– Other outdoor activities include quad biking, kayaking, water-skiing, hiking and nature walks. Although all I wanted to do was drink in the view from a comfy chair whilst sipping on the South Hill bubbly, it was good to know I had options.
– Its a rather remarkable place to get married. Whether its ultra-luxurious or rustic romance that you are after, the area has a natural beauty that will ground any love-locking ceremony.
– Local artists offer exhibitions throughout the area with special mention of The Gallery at South Hill and The Still Room at Paul Cluver.
More info in available on the Elgin Valley website. So, see you there, because quite frankly, I’m hooked on a valley that can be so generous with its natural beauty.
(Pics were taken from the South Hill site without express permission).