Located in the Mascarene Archipelago, Reunion Island, a French overseas department, offers travellers the exoticism of a tropical island in the Indian Ocean. At the crossroads of European, African and Asian cultures, Reunion is a true melting pot.
I spent 5 days there exploring with Reunion Island Tourism. From beach walks and time at a turtle sanctuary, to erupting volcanoes and forever view points across the cirques, aqua hikes and moulded lava tunnels. Not to mention incredible accommodation and delicious food for the hungry vegetarian, walks, music and laughter. This is a place of wondrous inviting extremes. I highly recommend it.
- Accommodation at LUX* Saint Gilles | Palm Hôtel & Spa, Ile de la Réunion | Hôtel le Juliette Dodu.
- Reunion Island Tourism Board is represented in South Africa by Atout France. For more information about Reunion Island visit en.reunion.fr, follow their blog posts on blog.welcometoreunionisland.com and find them on social media.
- Read about my previous visit to Reunion Island.
- I was hosted by Reunion Island Tourism and the trip was arranged by their media partners, Lloyd Orr Communications.
- Video edited by Eden Weiss.