I was invited on to the Expresso Morning Show on SABC 3 to talk about dream holidays and Avios SA with Graeme Richards. Watch the video to see me getting animated with those hands and rather serious about how I would spend 300 000 points on a trip to Italy, if I were lucky enough to be the winner.
Breakdown of my 300000 point spend.
- Fly Cape Town to Venice, 49500 Avios points.
- Spend three nights in Venice in a hotel, 20000-30000 per night, spending a bit more to be in Venice itself and take advantage of the quieter evenings when the day visitors have left.
- Take a train from Venice to Florence (own expense)
- 2 nights Florence, 20000-25000 per night
- Pick up a rental car in Florence and drive through Tuscany (own expense)
- 2 nights San Gimignano, 20000 per night
- 3 nights in Rome, 20000-25000 per night
- Total points: On 300 000
Focus areas will be exploring the canals in Venice, time in the hilltop villages of Tuscany, drinking Chianti wine en route, eating gelato and beautiful Italian food, visiting Churches and Museums, walking the cobblestoned streets and then relaxing into the atmosphere and history of eternal Rome.
If you’d like to enter, the competition details can be found here. It truly is an incredible prize!
My feature pics are included below. For more on my love of Italy, read Italy and Austria the Sustainable Way.
Florence and Siena
San Gimignano and Tuscany
Rome, the eternal city